Edgewood Elementary School PTO
Edgewood Elementary School PTO offers an invaluable link between students, school staff, teachers and families. Without you and your support it would not be possible for the PTO to continue to sponsor events and provide much needed contributions to our school.
Why join Edgewood Elementary PTO?
Participation through volunteering allows you to be "hands on" with your child's education. Our children love to see us in this environment where they spend seven hours a day. You get to know your children's teachers and your children's friends.
How involved do I have to be?
We understand that people have very busy schedules and that time is precious. Therefore we appreciate any time you can spare. Volunteers are always needed to chair committees and work events but if you can't find the time, we just appreciate your membership. We only ask that you join, receive email updates and stay informed through our PTO website.
A few of the things that the PTO has funded in recent years include:
- Donations to each teacher for classroom supplies and assistance at the beginning of the school year
- Welcome back to school teacher & staff gifts
- Outdoor Classroom (pond area) monthly maintenance
- Gift cards for teacher appreciation week
- Fall and spring teacher grants
- Yearbook gifts to the 5th graders each year
- House Banners for the atrium
- Retirement gifts for teachers/staff
- Papapalooza Day fun
- Drum circle at Fine Arts Night
- Playground Equipment
- The House System Budget
- Staff t-shirts and gear
- 5th Grade Graduation Celebration
- Welcome to Edgewood Kindergarten Yard Signs
- Author Day luncheon
- Annual donation to the Homewood City Schools Foundation
Some things that we have given of our time to do:
- Help shelve books in the library
- Organize the Turkey Trot, our annual fun run
- Read to our children’s classes
- Host the best Talent Show
- Organize and staff the Spring Festival, Grandpals Day and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Provide monthly treats for the teachers/staff
- Welcome guest speakers and authors
- Provide grounds clean up
How can you help the Edgewood Elementary PTO?
- read to your child’s class
- volunteer to be a Room Parent or for a PTO position
- volunteer for any PTO committee or event
- help out at our various events: Turkey Trot, Grandpals Day, Spring Festival , Papapalooza Day, etc
- attend PTO meetings
- participate in Edgewood Night Out
- take pictures for the yearbook
- share any ideas with us!
Remember that the PTO helps our kids and improves our school. With your continued support, the PTO can provide Edgewood Elementary School students with wonderful programs this year and every year.
We can't do it without you!